Club Foundation Representative Position Description
The Club Foundation Representative (CFR) position is responsible for informing Club members of the mission and purpose of the Canadian Children’s Optimist Foundation and how crucial the Foundation involvement is in the local club’s charitable activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
The CFR is expected to:
• Attend local Club meetings and make Foundation information available to Club members
• Speak to Club members about the value and purpose of the Foundation
• Solicit donations from Club members, local individuals and business in support of the club’s charitable programs
• Maintain accurate records of Club charitable gifts and mail in donations
• Speak to the Club members about donor recognition programs available to members
• Provide information to Club members on services available from the Foundation
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
To be considered for the position of CFR, the volunteer should:
• Be comfortable speaking with Club members
• Be organized and able to complete reporting on gifts given within the local Club
While performing as the CFR, the volunteer :
• Is the subject to the bylaws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines of Canadian Children’s Optimist Foundation.
• Works cooperatively with the Club President and under the supervision of the District Foundation Representative (DFR)
The anticipated time commitment for a CFR is one fiscal year beginning October 1st and ending September 30th the following year. Term automatically renews unless notice is given to Club President and Foundation staff. The estimated hours to fulfill duties are 12-15 hours per month.
Orientation and Training Protocols
To prepare a volunteer for the position of CFR, the Canadian Children’s Optimist Foundation will offer the following educational opportunities.
• Receive by mail a CFR information packet
• Have access to a DFR for ongoing questions and procedural assistance
• Download program documentation from ccof-foec.org in support of Club work
• Receive program support from Optimist International Foundation staff