The mission of Canadian Children’s Optimist Foundation is to seek, receive and manage funds, real and personal property, and to hold and administer such property exclusively to support Optimist International and its member clubs in Canada promoting and encouraging Canadian youth.
Founded in 1988, the Canadian Children’s Optimist Foundation is a Canadian charity recognized by the Canada Revenue Agency. Formerly known as the Optimist International Foundation of Canada, it only serves the interests of Canadian Optimist members.
All monies raised will remain in Canada and are distributed for purposes of funding, including OI Scholarships, Youth Club (JOI), OI Programs and Activities and the Optimist training offered to volunteers.
Canadians input has made the Foundation what it is today:
• In 1988, under the Optimist International presidency of a Canadian, Ken Loach, the Optimist International Foundation of Canada (OIFC) was established and instantly became responsible of the canadian territory.
• In 1989, the Optimist International President Fernand Rondeau registers the OIFC with the Canada Revenue Agency.
• In 2003, the President of both foundations (American and Canadian), André Dubois, modifies the composition of the Board of Directors.
• In 2005, under the presidency of Optimist International President Yves Berthiaume, the OIFC Board of Directors becomes entirely Canadian.
• In 2006, Brian Clements becomes the first OIFC President to have never been an Optimist International President.
• In 2010, the management of the OIFC is entirely transferred to Canada and managed from the Canadian Services Center. The Optimist International Foundation of Canada becomes officially the Canadian Children’s Optimist Foundation (CCOF) and changes logo at the same time.
• In 2013, the CCOF celebrates its 25th anniversary. CCOF was a partner in every regional conference in Canada. The foundation adopts its 1st strategic plan and has been developing its marketing strategy.
To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.